A homemade baba ganoush spread! Perfect on low-carb bread, crackers or on wraps. Or to use as a dip with some veggies.
- 2 eggplants
- 4 tbsp tahin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp paprika powder + to sprinkle on top
- pepper and salt to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Wash the eggplants and use a knife to make little holes in the eggplant. Place the eggplant on a baking dish and drizzle on a bit of olive oil.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the skin turns slightly black. Remove the eggplants from the oven and let them cool.
- Once cooled, remove the skin and cut the flesh of the eggplants in pieces.
- Add the eggplant pieces, tahin, garlicpowder, lemon juice and paprika powder to a bowl, and use a mixer (or blender) to create a smooth creamy spread. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer the baba ganoush to a serving bowl and lightly drizzle olive oil and sprinkle smoked paprika powder on top.