Low-Carb Tuna Pizza Crust
I have a new yummy low-carb recipe to share with you – Tuna Pizza. The crust is made with eggs, cheese, cauliflower and yes, tuna! Add your favourite toppings and you’re all set for a perfect weekend dinner (or lunch the next day, because well… why not).
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 200 g cauliflower, grated
- 2 eggs
- 200 g tuna in olive oil, drained
- 75 g hard cheese, grated
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- Tomato sauce
- 125 g mozzarella
- Favourite toppings
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F) degrees.
- Microwave the grated cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 5 minutes on high. Remove from microwave and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, eggs, tuna and cheese. Stir until a dough texture forms.
- Spread out thinly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a spatula.
- Bake the crust for about 15-20 minutes until it has turned golden, but no more than that.
- Remove from the oven. Spread the tomato sauce and add the mozzarella as well as your favourite toppings. I used anchovies, capsicum, red onion, olives, capers, mushrooms and more cheeese!
- Place the pizza back in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.