If you’ve ever baked anything low-carb before you’ll probably know that almond substitutes are absolute staples in low-carb foods and recipes. Because of their high omega-6 content (triggers inflammation!) it is important to have some good alternatives to fall back on.
For example this low-carb bread made out of hemp flour – we assure you that it ticks all the nutrition boxes. Oh and did we mention is pretty damn tasty too?!
- 100 g hemp flour (3/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda (3/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 150 g tahini (3/4 cup)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Butter (to grease the loaf pan)
- Pumpkin seeds, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, olive oil, baking soda and salt, and mix until well combined
- Once combined, stir in tahini, eggs, apple cider vinegar and chia seeds, until well combined
- Grease the loaf pan thoroughly with butter. Pour the mixture into the greased pan. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.