This recipe is from Simply Low-Carb, the 3-week low-carb meal plan Abby from Stem + Spoon and I developed. We created this guide to help you ease into low-carb without worrying about the numbers. No need to track carbs, count calories, or weigh your food! Most meal plans out there take a completely opposite approach that can make a low-carb diet feel overly-complicated and difficult to manage. Are you ready to improve your energy, combat your sugar cravings and feel your absolute best? Jump right in and order your Simply Low-Carb meal plan here!
Low-Carb Garlic Bread
This low-carb garlic bread is an easy, nut-free bread recipe that only takes a few minutes to mix up!
We’ve added flaxseed meal to my original low-carb bread recipe, because flaxseed meal carries many nutritional benefits. It also helps lighten up keto baked goods which tend to be more on the dense side. But if you don’t have flax, no worries. You can skip it entirely.
- 60 g coconut flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 175°C degrees.
- Line a standard sized loaf pan (or baking dish of choice) with parchment paper. Spread a bit of coconut oil or butter onto the sides of the pan without parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, salt, and chopped sage. Stir the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry mix and stir until combined. Add the minced garlic cloves.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chopped rosemary on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top appears golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Note: for a taller bread loaf, double the recipe and bake for an additional 10 minutes.